qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT a61d1f6] notify io_thread at the

From: Paul Brook
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT a61d1f6] notify io_thread at the end of rx handling
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:54:58 +0100

> This is a backport from qemu-kvm. Just instead of using kvm's specific
> notification mechanism, we use qemu_notify_event()

I find it hard to believe this is the right thing to do. Devices shouldn't
care whether we're using an IO thread or not.

If there's something keeping track of which devices have RX buffers available,
then we should be notifying that directly, not relying on polling form some
unspecified event look. Wasn't this the whole point of adding the packet
queueing to the net layer?

Paul