qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: virtio-serial: An interface for host-guest communic

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: virtio-serial: An interface for host-guest communication
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:37:13 -0500

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
I don't think that's not too bad, for example, with fast-user-switching
between multiple X servers and/or text consoles, there's already support
code that deals with chown'ing things like /dev/snd/* devices to match the active console session. Doing the same with the /dev/vmch3 device so
that it is only ever accessible to the current logged in user actually
fits in to that scheme quite well.

Yeah, I'm not sure how something like this would interact with f-u-s.

If copy/paste daemon for user foo opens /dev/vmch3 directly, when you switch users, how do you forcefully disconnect user foo from /dev/vmch3 so that user bad can start using it?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Daniel