qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-arm fails on test-mmap

From: Jan-Simon Möller
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-arm fails on test-mmap
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:39:14 +0200

Am Freitag 31 Juli 2009 11:58:04 schrieb Laurent Desnogues:
I prepared bundles for::

qemu-arm  built for i586  which  can  run the test on a i586 machine, but not
when its run on an x86_64 box.

Link for this package :

http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~jsm/qemu-mmap_testbundle_prebuilt-i586.tar.bz2

qemu-arm build for x86_64 which can't run the test _inside_ my target chroot,
but it runs on some hosts when its called standalone. (min_addr = 0 , runs
probably)

Link:
http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~jsm/qemu-mmap_testbundle_prebuilt_amd64.tar.bz2

Lets sum it up:

* qemu-arm compiled for i586 can run the test in the chroot @32bit host

* qemu-arm compiled for i586 can _not_ run the test on a 64bit host at all

* qemu-arm compiled for x86_64 can run the test only outside the target-chroot

* The mmap tests fail  if they reach values >0x5fffffff  - starting from
    0x40000000 thats a 0x20000000 margin

It seems to me an issue on 64bit hosts with 32bit target, but I've no idea atm
what causes this - especially the fact that it runs outside the target chroot
on x86_64 .

Lest see if someone can reproduce this on his machine.

Best,
Jan-Simon