qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Intel 8255x/eepro100 compatibility patches

From: Reimar Döffinger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Intel 8255x/eepro100 compatibility patches
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:13:51 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 03:26:25PM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Please send this as a series of patches with each patch in an email.

Ok, resending as a series of patches, hopefully this is the proper format now.
Repeating myself a bit from the original mail:
I have been playing around a bit with the OS X/darwin network drivers for these
cards and noticed that they seem to differ quite a bit from the Linux ones.
If you're interested, the source of the core part is here:
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/AppleIntel8255x/AppleIntel8255x-19/i82557Private.cpp
Attached is a series of patches that makes things work with at least
some version of that (sorry, I only tried some binary I found on the
net, didn't compile from source).
In addition, I also used the documentation from here:
http://www.intel.com/design/network/manuals/8255X_OpenSDM.htm

Hope this is interesting to someone and maybe we can even get these
merged...

Thanks,
Reimar Döffinger