qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Breakage with local APIC routing

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Breakage with local APIC routing
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:21:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Jan Kiszka wrote:

> Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> >> I recalled some earlier post on this which claimed to fix the issue and
> >> found it in the archive:
> >>
> >> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/25415
> >
> > I tried this, and it changes the symptoms, indeed.  Instead of an endless
> > loop, it results in a bluescreen.
> >
> > As the OP said that it worked for him, I guess it is either in commits
> > that came after his post, or in my add-on patches.
>
> So we are likely on the wrong path. Maybe we have to understand what
> happens here first...
>

> > Hopefully I will find some time to work more on this bug.
>
> Would be interesting to know
>  - if pic_irq_request is continuously called or if it stops when windows
>    hangs
>  - what IRQ vectors are delivered
>  - in what state the apic is, namely the s->lvt[APIC_LVT_LINT0]

Sorry for the long delay.  I just don't have time to take care of the
issue, but I quickly verified that it still does not work, with aa0cba4
(Aug 13 2009).

If you are still interested in this issue, could you give me a hint
_where_ I should output _which_ values?  I'll gladly take time for that
now.

Ciao,
Dscho