qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] sparc32 remove an unnecessary cpu irq set

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] sparc32 remove an unnecessary cpu irq set
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:37:31 +0200

2009/8/13 Blue Swirl <address@hidden>:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Artyom
> Tarasenko<address@hidden> wrote:
>> 2009/8/12 Igor Kovalenko <address@hidden>:
>>> PUT_PSR is asking to be made inline function with arch-specific parts,
>>> the sparc64 counterpart is too similar.
>> Ok, here we go:
>
> Sorry, it does not apply.

Ups, copy&paste error, sorry. This time I send it as an attachment.

>> -#if !defined(CONFIG_USER_ONLY)
>> -                            cpu_check_irqs(env);
>> -#endif
>
> This should be in a separate patch, preferably one with the check
> moved to helper_wrpsr.

But that's the purpose of the patch. The check is moved to PUT_PSR,
not to helper_wrpsr, because helper_wrpsr is not the only function
calling PUT_PSR. From the code I can't tell that the other calls can
not trigger an irq as well.

>> +/* sum4m.c, sun4u.c */
>> +void cpu_check_irqs(CPUSPARCState *env);
>
> The prototypes should remain in header files.

The two lines are moved from the line number 481 to the line number
588 within the same file. Btw there's a typo, I guess it should be
su_n_4m. :)  Fixed this too.