qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.9.1: Maximum BIOS size

From: Roman Brehm
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.9.1: Maximum BIOS size
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:09:39 -0400

Hello,

I'm working on a coreboot TPM project and want to boot coreboot with a linux
payload (and without GRUB/FILO etc.) in QEMU.
The minimum size I'm able to reduce it to, is approx. 9-10MB. When I want to
start QEMU with this bios-file, I get a memory error because of the (too) large
size of the bios.

For QEMU 0.9.0 there exists a bios size patch where you can extend the maximum
size but for 0.9.1 (which I have to use) there isn't any patch and the
concerning source code parts are completely different to 0.9.0. Do you know
what's the maximum bios size with 0.9.1 and if there is a possibility to extend
it?

Thanks a lot!

Roman