qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] eepro100c additions/changes required for VxWorks 5.4.2

From: Reimar Döffinger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] eepro100c additions/changes required for VxWorks 5.4.2 to work
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:55:52 +0200

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:38:21AM +0200, ZAPPACOSTA, Rolando (Rolando) wrote:
> I was able to make VxWorks 5.4.2 load from FTP it's target binary file (I'll
> now try to figure out why I receive some VxWorks errors once it finishes the
> download).
>
> To do so, I had to implement some 8255x features not yet included as well as
> to change some of the already coded ones.

Some of your changes are basically "cosmetic", e.g. replacing a single assert by
if+message+assert(0), could you please point out which parts are really
necessary?
Btw. I already some time ago sent a patch that implements CmdDiagnose (also sets
status to 0), which is also necessary for OpenSolaris (which also needs RX_ABORT
support in addition).
I find it hard to imagine that the reads you implemented are necessary, since
they
would be unaligned which I for some reason believe aren't allowed and/or in
real hardware get split by the PCI implementation or something...