qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Breakage with local APIC routing

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Breakage with local APIC routing
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 00:10:01 +0200

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 12:38:04PM +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Mohammed Gamal wrote:

> >> Just tested this now on a vanilla qemu, I am still able to reproduce
> >> the same issue.
> >>

> > This bug might be related to the same problem
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu/+bug/379000
>
> I think at least those issues should be solved with recent qemu and
> bioses. Note that this report refers to a fairly old qemu version
> (0.10.0-derived).

Btw I had reported the same symptom as in that ubuntu ticket for FreeBSD 8
hosts both with 0.10.6 and 0.11.0rc1 before:
        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-08/msg00396.html
As mentioned in that post I was able to work around the issue by passig
the linux guest kernels `no_timer_check' after which they seemed to boot up
just fine, so I suspect in that case its not actually an apic routing
problem but just guest timer irqs arriving late/irregularly which cause
the guest kernel timer checks to time out and fail.

 Just thought I'd mention... :)
        Juergen