qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [GIT PULL] 0.10.7 stable release

From: Glauber Costa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [GIT PULL] 0.10.7 stable release
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:14:47 -0300

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Chris Webb<address@hidden> wrote:
> Glauber Costa <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> These are the patches I am proposing for 0.10.7 stable release. If you
>> disagree
>> with any of them, or think a patch should go in that is not in this list,
>> let me know
>
> I have seen a large number of failures of production qemu-kvm virtual
> machines with segfaults in the VNC code. (Thread rooted at
> <address@hidden>.)
>
> Avi pointed out Gerd's patch 198a00:
>

> http://git.qemu.org/qemu.git/commit/?id=198a0039c5fca224a77e9761e2350dd9cc102ad0
>
> which I backported <address@hidden>:
>
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-08/msg00949.html
>
> This has massively reduced the crash rate of qemu-kvm processes across our
> clusters, although I still do a see a (much rarer) vnc-related segfault in
> vnc_framebuffer_update().

Good. Sorry, I missed that one.

Since you effectively wrote a backport, can you re-send it with a SoB
line, and some information
on the changelog telling us where and why the differences from master occurs?

I'll then happily and promply pick it up.

--
Glauber  Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."