qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] Regression for machine using fdc

From: Hervé Poussineau
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] Regression for machine using fdc
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:46:46 +0200

Stefan Weil a écrit :
Stefan Weil schrieb:
Hello

8baf73adf664e79eae201c3f618078a220a661d9 (qdev/isa: convert fdc)
breaks MIPS Malta:

Tried to create isa device isa-fdc with no isa bus present

Maybe other machines (mips_jazz, ppc_prec, sun4u) are also affected.

Regards
Stefan

mips_malta works now again (with patch in separate mail),
sun4u should work, at least it calls isa_bus_new,
but I still expect a regression for mips_jazz and ppc_prep.

Mips Magnum has a floppy disk controller which is memory-mapped. It is connected to jazz IRQ controller (works in Qemu) and to jazz DMA controller (not done in Qemu). The problem I'm still facing is that it is intimately linked with i8257 DMA engine, and I wasn't able to easily decouple them.

Hervé