qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [GIT PULL] 0.10.7 stable release

From: Stephen Depooter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [GIT PULL] 0.10.7 stable release
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:23:21 -0400

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 09:09:23 pm Glauber Costa wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Stephen
>
> Depooter<address@hidden> wrote:
> > There is a set of changes that have been applied to fix qemu crashes
> > when the SDL window is resized.  I have seen an arm specific fix get
> > added to master, as well as an apparently more general fix for all
> > architectures.  This should be applied to the stable branch as well.
> > AFAICT, these have only been applied to the stable branch.
> >
> > The email from Aug 3, "fix sdl window resize" from Stefano Stabellini
> > is the general fix.
>
> I fail to see how. AFAICT, Window resizing was only implemented as
> part of the patch that
> implemented zoom capabilities, which is not present in the stable branch.
>
> Thus, the patch you point to, fixes a piece of code that does not
> exist at all in the stable
> branch. How then can it be needed to fix anything you're seeing?

Oh I see...

I appear to be mistaken then.  I had been switching back and forth between the
stable 0.10 branch and the master branch for a while and recal seeing the bug
and changes that went in and noticed that they were not applied to all the
relevant branches.

Looking again, I see that the patches I refer to need to be applied to the
0.11 stable branch, not the 0.10 stable branch.

Perhaps Stefano needs to push his fixes to the stable-0.11 branch as well as
master.

--
Stephen Depooter
<address@hidden>