qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem in compiling qemu-0.10.6

From: Amit Shah
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem in compiling qemu-0.10.6
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 20:22:33 +0530

On (Wed) Sep 02 2009 [19:55:24], Amey Moghe wrote:
>    Hello all,
>
>    I was trying to compile qemu-0.10.6 source code downloaded from following
>    link:

If you're only looking to run qemu you can download it from your
distribution binaries.

>    [1]http://www.qemu.org/download.html
>
>    so I followed following steps :
>
>    1) I first executed command : ./configure --target-list=arm-softmmu
>    --disable-vnc-tls --disable-kvm
>
>    2) In that I got an error for libSDL dependency so I configured SDL1.3
>    source code and but I was facing errors so I tried to rectify it but I
>    just couldn't.
>    ** So I just tried SDL1.2.13 for configuring and it worked.
>    3) After that I executed : make* Results: no error found in this
>    execution.
>
>    4) Next I executed sudo make install** , Results : no error found ..
>    5) But when I tried one test arm image downloaded from following link:
>
>    [2]http://www.qemu.org/download.html
>
>    with command :
>    qemu-system-arm -kernel zImage.integrator -initrd arm_root.img* then I got
>    following error :
>
>    Could not initialize SDL - exiting

instead of getting the dependencies this way you should download your
distribution-specific packages. eg, SDL and SDL-devel on Fedora.

or you can use the in-built vnc server (also answers your previous
question); you can use -vnc :1 and then use a vnc client to access that.

                Amit