qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] change CD fails

From: Stuart Jansen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] change CD fails
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:48:54 -0600

When I try to change the CD in a running VM, the CD drive becomes
unresponsive. Has anyone else experienced this? What is the correct
place to report this issue?

Details:
I'm running RHEL5, SLES11 and U804 guests. On the host, I've tried
Fedora's qemu-kvm, qemu from git, and qemu-kvm from git. In all three
cases, I can boot with an attached iso, but when I try to issue a change
statement in the monitor, the guests report a spurious IRQ followed by
an HSM violation. Guest logs are available, although tricky to copy out
of the VM at the moment.