qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] pci bug

From: Benjamin David Lunt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] pci bug
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 17:56:14 -0700

Hi,

Sorry to keep posting to the list like this, please
forgive me.  However, I may have found a bug with the
PCI code too.  (please correct me if I am wrong)

If I do the following:

 #define  PCI_ADDR     0x0CF8
 #define  PCI_DATA     0x0CFC

 // bus 0, dev 0, func 0, addr 0
 outpd(PCI_ADDR, 0x80000000);
// read in the dword at addr 0 offset 0
 //  and
 // read in the  word at addr 0 offset 2
 //     and the  word at addr 1 offset 0
 printf("0x%08X  0x%08X", inpd(PCI_DATA), inpd(PCI_DATA+2));

Qemu (0.10.6  Windows build) returns

 0x12378086  0xFFFFFFFF

It seems that if I read from any offset other than PCI_DATA,
QEMU is returning 0xFFFFFFFF.

Shouldn't PCI_DATA+1, PCI_DATA+2, and PCI_DATA+3 all be registered
to the PCI emulation?

Again, hope this isn't a bother.  However, would someone
please check this for me and verify that it is a bug. I can't
image it failing if Linux works fine.  It may be the Windows
build only, I don't know.

Thanks,
Ben