qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [COMMIT 8a2e6ab] Remove CFLAGS parameter in cc-option

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [COMMIT 8a2e6ab] Remove CFLAGS parameter in cc-option
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 19:51:00 -0500

malc wrote:
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Juan Quintela wrote:

From: Juan Quintela <address@hidden>

With cc-option we are testing if gcc just accept a particular option, we don't need CFLAGS at all. And this fixes the recursive problem with CFLAGS
This is nonsense, previous options, those in CFLAGS, might conflict with
the new ones.
The only thing that we are testing is if gcc support that _option_

What is the use case tat you have in mind?  A first grep on gcc man page
don't show options that conflict with each other.

If you want artificial exmaples i can come up with plenty, and from the
top of my head -m486 with -msse2 are quite incompatible with each other,
furthermore, point is this - testing one option in isolation is broken.

I think this is a pretty valid point. I think it's worth while to try and better understand what the recursion problem was in the first place.

--
Regards,

Anthony Liguori