qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU patch management

From: Amit Shah
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU patch management
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:31:21 +0530

On (Thu) Sep 10 2009 [08:47:13], Luiz Capitulino wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:38:04 +0530
> Amit Shah <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > - URL of staging tree
> >
> > Might help; but various developers might have their own staging trees
> > (as it now is). If things change in the future, this will have to be
> > modified.
>
>  I think he's talking about Anthony's staging, which is the most
> important one for those submitting patches.

Right; and what I mean is like Anthony has his own queue, others might
have theirs too. If something along the lines of what Avi suggested
(having branches in the qemu repo for staging) gets implemented, this
will have to be redone.

>  I might be wrong about this but, the Linux kernel way of having
> people maintaining subsystems didn't work out here yet.

It can easily be done. The process has to scale considering the number
of submissions we're seeing.

>  This discussion makes me think that the subject should be
> 'QEMU development process'.

                Amit