qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU patch management

From: Reimar Döffinger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU patch management
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:51:09 +0200

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 09:29:38AM -0300, Luiz Capitulino wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:31:21 +0530
> Amit Shah <address@hidden> wrote:
> > It can easily be done. The process has to scale considering the number
> > of submissions we're seeing.
>
>  I agree, with more maintainers QEMU would evolve a lot faster and I think
> this is becoming an issue.
>
>  On the other hand I don't think we will have them by distributing
> responsibilities, those interested should setup a tree and
> start collecting patches.

You're saying that just like that, but if you just set up your own tree,
at least if you are not a git guru you end up with the same mess as I
have now:
The official qemu git tree, Stefan Weil's git tree and the kvm tree, all
have slightly different eepro100 code and for each one I have to do
merges since I have no idea which path has a chance to get patches
accepted (since after all I got no response anywhere).
For me that is simply too much effort (I am after all a FFmpeg/MPlayer developer
in the first place) and I'll probably just drop all the non-trivial
changes I made because they have a too high merging effort.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger