qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Implementation of multi-touch in linux mobile operating sys

From: Amey Moghe
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Implementation of multi-touch in linux mobile operating system using QEMU.
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:34:02 +0530

Hello all,

Just wanted to add something more to my previous mail I had posted on mailing list. Actually I am studying the input flow from host OS to qemu which is installed on plain linux distro like ubuntu 8.10 which I am using currently since my aim is to add multi touch support so that the guest OS installed inside qemu can interpret multi touch information from qemu. And for multi-touch information on Host machine I am going to use MPX . So in this scenario I came to know by my understanding that there may be two channels for qemu to have inputs from host OS i.e.

1) SDL
2) VNC

So,I am confused about which way qemu uses for having input events from host OS. Is it SDL or VNC ? Also please if anybody can suggest me some documentation regarding all the above matter which I can refer to, it will be better for me.

Sorry for previous inappropriate mail !

Thanks,
Amey.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Amit Shah <address@hidden> wrote:
On (Wed) Sep 09 2009 [16:41:03], Amey Moghe wrote:
>    Hello,
>    While I was running qemu ( which was provided with poky-linux,platform
>    builder ) i.e. I had qemu console on the screen, I tried to see whether
>    VNC server was running or not by executing following command:
>
>    ps -ax | grep vnc

I've tried telling you that the vnc server is built inside qemu. It's
not an external process. Take a look at vnc.c in qemu's sources.

>    But I didn't find any process so I tried in the qemu's guest OS' terminal*
>    which was a kernel image based on arm architecture provided by poky-linux
>    by executing the same command mentioned above. But on qemu's terminal
>    window also I didn't* get any process related to VNC.

Why would you see vnc inside the guest? Please think over before you ask
questions.

               Amit