qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Audio

From: malc
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Audio
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 01:13:55 +0400 (MSD)

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Jan Kiszka wrote:

> malc wrote:

> > [..snip.]

> >> Forgot to mention: I also tried OSS before, but it suffered the same
> >> way, and polling had to be disabled.
> >>

> > Aha, i've commited this patch and another which correct premature
> > closure of audio device (for both OSS and ALSA), can not notice
> > anything particularly wrong when running with poll enabled now, can
> > you please retest things on your end, once again it would be nice to
> > have both audio systems, tested. Thanks in advance.
> >

> Sorry, both audio systems still require to disable polling for a normal
> cpu load.

I believe the problem is within wm8750(/musicpal combination?)
wm8750_set_format creates a bunch of ADC voices and enables them, but
no reads are ever performed, so ALSA/OSS quickly fills the buffers
and then stops reading into them thus leaving respective fd's in a
selectable state. My main machine lacks ADC so i was unable to reproduce
the behaviour you've seen on it on another box the issue is indeed very
visible. Setting QEMU_OSS_ADC_DEV to /dev/moo or commenting out
AUD_set_active_in in wm8750.c cures the problem as does, contrary to
your report, setting QEMU_AUDIO_ADC_TRY_POLL to 0.

--
mailto:address@hidden