qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: optional feature

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: optional feature
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:34:21 +0200

"Michael S. Tsirkin" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > How can it save it then? What's more, how can it load it sanely? E.g.
>> > when loading we must make sure that device id etc match.
>>
>> We don't test it at all.
>
> Someone has to. Existing code has it.  Removing this sanity check and
> changing e.g. device id by load will be a bad thing.

Is there anything else that the code that I posted in the other email?
I didn't removed any check.  I haven't removed any check that existed
before when I ported VMState.  I only removed some support for very old
versions that didn't work at all (ram device comes to mind).  If you see
that I removed any other check, let me know and I will put it back.

Later, Juan.