qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Please help, building from HEAD on Mac OS 10.6.1

From: Robin Randhawa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Please help, building from HEAD on Mac OS 10.6.1
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:27:20 +0100

Hi Joe.

On 15 Sep 2009, at 12:37, J. B. Rainsberger wrote:

In file included from audio/audio_int.h:31,
                from audio/audio.c:31:
audio/mixeng.h:37: warning: ‘struct st_sample’ declared inside parameter list
audio/mixeng.h:37: warning: its scope is only this definition or
declaration, which is probably not what you want
audio/mixeng.h:38: warning: ‘struct st_sample’ declared inside parameter list audio/mixeng.h:45: warning: ‘struct st_sample’ declared inside parameter list audio/mixeng.h:47: warning: ‘struct st_sample’ declared inside parameter list audio/mixeng.h:49: warning: ‘struct st_sample’ declared inside parameter list
audio/audio.c: In function ‘audio_attach_capture’:
audio/audio.c:806: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
audio/audio.c: In function ‘audio_pcm_sw_read’:
audio/audio.c:900: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct st_sample’

I had the same problem while trying to build qemu on OSX 10.6.1. Since I was only interested in basic arm-softmmu support without audio, the following horrible work around allowed me to move on :

$ ./configure --audio-drv-list= --target-list=arm-softmmu
$ make

That's right - no argument to '--audio-drv-list'.

Another thing that is a bit off is the mandatory cocoa support. Unless I'm mistaken (always possible), there is no way to build qemu on OSX without cocoa support, unless you hack the top level Makefile and remove the appropriate lines from the section for Darwin support. Since there is an '--enable-cocoa' option, one would assume that it should be possible to override this support.

HTH,
Robin