qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] version command line option

From: Pascal Erb
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] version command line option
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:38:45 +0200

> I came up with this but that looks overly complex and fragile :-)
>
> qemu-x86_64 -h | head -1 | awk '{ print $3 }' | sed 's/,$//'

Hmmm. I agree with you. This looks really fragile since it is impossible to
know in advance, head, awk or sed to be installed on the target host (having
some ugly commercial OS with very low abilities in mind...). But thank you
anyway that you strived for a quick solution :-)

My question tended more into the way: Where is the repository and where could
I find the coding guidelines, etc? And how should I proceed to add the
corresponding source code? About the repository I found already out how to
make an anonymous checkout (git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/qemu.git).
Is there a howto document somewhere how to submit my code? Are there any
public accessible documents about qemu's architecture or structure?

Greetings,

Pascal