qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: qemu: tree for pci related fixes

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu: tree for pci related fixes
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:11:48 -0500

Hi Michael,

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
Hi!
I created a qemu tree to collect pci related qemu fixes,
to make sure they don't get lost.

The idea's the patches have been posted on list already, so it should be enough
to repost a short summary here, rather than flood everyone's
mailboxes by reposting a full patchset.

The tree is here:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/qemu.git pci

Beware: do not publish a tree on top of this one as I might be rebasing it. If
you want me to add a patch there, just mail me.

Below's the first nag:

---

Here are the pci fixes I know of that haven't been applied already.
Anthony, all, any more comments on any of them?
If yes, please reply on the original patch.
If no, please apply.

9305505 qemu/virtio-pci: remove unnecessary check

This was posted yesterday.

c128c88 qemu/pci: reset device registers on bus reset
74b7e8b qemu/pci: refactor code/symbolic constants
5307502 qemu/virtio: fix reset with device removal
c1f2e99 qemu/qdev: type safety in reset handler

These were posted a week ago.  I am behind on staging unfortunately.

I think it makes sense for everyone to keep their own trees and to make them publicly accessible. However, for resends, I would still like them to occur on the mailing list.

In general, I would wait at least two weeks for a resend. I understand that this is a very long time and I'm working on trying to make patch response time more reliable. I would like to point out though that these patches are by no means lost.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori