qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] virtio-console-bus, multiport, virtio-console-port

From: Amit Shah
Subject: [Qemu-devel] virtio-console-bus, multiport, virtio-console-port
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:34:42 +0530

Hello,

This patch series converts the virtio-console device to qdev, adds a
virtio-console bus on which similar devices can ride and shows how such
devices can be used by adding a new virtio-console-port device and also
a virtio-console-vnc device.

This is working well in my testing. I tested old kernel/new qemu, new
kernel/old qemu and new kernel/new qemu.

The ports are also tested by spawning two virtio consoles and one
generic port. Heavy activity on all three ports is sustained for quite a
long time with correct results.

Please review and apply.