qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-console-bus, multiport, virtio-console-port

From: Amit Shah
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-console-bus, multiport, virtio-console-port
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:23:53 +0530

On (Tue) Sep 29 2009 [17:34:42], Amit Shah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This patch series converts the virtio-console device to qdev, adds a
> virtio-console bus on which similar devices can ride and shows how such
> devices can be used by adding a new virtio-console-port device and also
> a virtio-console-vnc device.
>
> This is working well in my testing. I tested old kernel/new qemu, new
> kernel/old qemu and new kernel/new qemu.
>
> The ports are also tested by spawning two virtio consoles and one
> generic port. Heavy activity on all three ports is sustained for quite a
> long time with correct results.
>
> Please review and apply.

BTW I've just kept the names to

-device virtio-console-pci (for the bus)
-device virtconsole (for the console device)
-device virtconport (for a generic port)

I'm open to changing these -- or keeping as they are.

There's also a 'flush_buffers' option to the devices, that could do with
a better name.

Also these patches are against qemu-kvm.git so they won't apply to
qemu.git -- I'll send the patches against qemu.git next time around.

                Amit