qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: CODING_STYLE

From: Edgar E. Iglesias
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: CODING_STYLE
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 03:25:48 +0200

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 07:00:21PM +0200, Juan Quintela wrote:
> "Michael S. Tsirkin" <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Actually, I tried to tweak 'indent' to match QEMU style without much
> >> success.
> >>
> >> We could also select a new style, like Linux kernel one. I'm also not
> >> a great fan of that either. But at least 'indent' could be used very
> >> easily and I think there would be other benefits, like reuse of Git
> >> hooks, patch checking scripts and Emacs configs. With full 'indent'
> >> support all sources could be massaged mechanically to make the switch
> >> less painful.
> >>
> >> Then there are K&R and GNU styles, but I like them even less.
> >
> > So ... Linux kernel style wins? What do others think?
>
> Where do I have to sign?

        Yeah.

I really don't care very much. I've changed my CRIS and MicroBlaze code from
style to style a couple of times but the only style regardless of style I find
offensive is the:

if (x) {
  x=1;
} else {
  x=0;
}

TBH, the extra curley braceys are just pure nonsense.

Remove those and I'm happy with tab or 2 or 4 or 8 or whatever amount of
indentation spaces.

Cheers