qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0

From: G 3
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 11:10:02 -0400

On Oct 1, 2009, at 4:07 AM, address@hidden wrote:

To have a running linux-user-m68k should be a more reasonable target.

Then we can think to run a linux kernel but we have to emulate a 68030 or 68040, a nubus bus, nubus cards and Apple video cards.

There is no opensource version of the Apple ROM and it is copyrighted.

Regards,

Laurent

Other emulators have succeeded in emulating a 68k Mac. I am sure we can. Instead of providing the ROM file, we could always provide directions on how to obtain the ROM. I have seen directions on obtaining the ROM by using the application TomeViewer to extract the ROM from an Apple firmware update file.