qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0

From: Stuart Brady
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 21:50:51 +0100

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 02:55:05AM +0100, Natalia Portillo wrote:

> integrating target-alpha and target-zxspectrum in the branch tree

Heh. :)

z80-softmmu now has MSX1 emulation, with thanks to Juha Riihimäki,
and I've also added the beginnings of ZX Spectrum 128K and SAM Coupé
emulation.  It still needs quite a few cleanups, though.

When you speak of target-alpha, I presume you're referring to
Tristan Gingold's system emulation patches... it would certainly be
nice to see these applied.

Same also for Laurent Vivier's m68k patches -- I would certainly have a
go at implementing Atari ST emulation, and would also be interested in
helping with Amiga, 68K Mac and perhaps even NeXT, SUN3, etc.

> a new official os support list design (please, give me ideas, css,
> help, anything!) with a better captcha

For the OS support list, I'd perhaps suggest something similar to the
Wine AppDB -- one page per OS version per architecture, containing
details of each tester's QEMU configuration (KVM/TCG, host OS/arch,
emulated devices, etc.) and guest OS configuration (drivers/kernel used,
service packs applied, etc.), together with any extra notes.

If it's of any use: http://source.winehq.org/git/appdb.git/

Cheers,
--
Stuart Brady