qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0

From: Jordan Justen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:10:50 -0700

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 05:45, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> Natalia Portillo wrote:
>>
>> for target-i386 and target-x86_64:
>>
>> o EFI firmware emulation (as a machine or command line option)
>> o OS/2 1.x support
>
> AFAIK, no one is actually working on these.  EFI is also not terribly useful
> without a CSM and I suspect porting SeaBIOS to tiano core is going to be a
> big effort.

Several Linux distributions are getting UEFI support ironed out now,
so UEFI can be used without a CSM.  QEMU support for UEFI could
help the Linux distributions to enable UEFI support...

Windows Vista and 7 support UEFI on x64-64, but I've not been able
to boot either with the OVMF project yet.  (I suspect that the video driver
might not be initializing correctly, but the root cause of the failure is not
yet known.)