qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Commit 99a0949 (using the mailing list)

From: Anthony Liguori
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 16:17:36 -0500

I've reverted 99a0949. It's not necessarily a bad change to make but something that's so invasive as that absolutely requires some discussion before hand. Avoiding "bike-shedding" is not a valid argument for avoiding the list.

For instance, I find the naming to be truly awful and would have liked some discussion on a more reasonable naming convention.

I have a very large set of patches in my queue (over 200) that I'm testing and trying to commit. A lot of other people do. If we're going to make a change like this, it's very important to coordinate with people so that they can flush their queues and avoid massive merge head-ache.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori