qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC configurable block formats

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC configurable block formats
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 16:25:27 -0500

Markus Armbruster wrote:
Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> writes:
         The list would be used to exclude block formats and could be
extended to support read-only formats vs. read-write formats.  For
instance, --enable-block-formats='qcow2 raw'.  It avoids polluting the
block interface with knowledge of the distinction between a "utility"
program and qemu proper.

I agree it's better to keep it out of the BlockDriver interface.

Here's a patch for illustration.  It's only lightly tested, lacks the
configure part, and I still need to check all users of bdrv_open2() are
happy.  Are we on the same page?

Looks reasonable to me.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori