qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Q: how to diagnose network problems between host and guest?

From: Robert Wachinger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Q: how to diagnose network problems between host and guest?
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 21:39:52 +0200

Hi,

I have the problem, that in my configurations (Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04, QEmu
0.9.1 and 0.11.0) the networking using tuntap (with bridgeing or
without) or user stack does not work. I.e. packages sent from host to
the guest were not received by the guest
(exception: Ubuntu 8.10, Qemu 0.9.1 and network card in the _guest_ set
to promisc mode, user mode network stack or tuntap not in a bridge, then
communication works as expected).

My questions: is such a problem known?

If not, what can I do to get some diagnostic information?

Sorry for asking here in the development list, but in forums I did not
get any answer until now.

Regards, Robert

BTW: problem occurs on two different hosts.