qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Host clock broke loadvm

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Host clock broke loadvm
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 23:52:07 +0200

Hi Jan

Today I found that I am not able to load anymore old saved images (old
means more than 2 days old).  Problem is with host clock.

I need to run qemu with -rtc clock=vm, and then things cames to work
again.

My suspicion is that the saved timers are based from cpu_clock_offset,
and when we run now with host_clock, that value don't exist.

If I don't use -rtc clock=vm, machines will come eventually to life, but
it will take several minutes.

Anthony asked to change pc-11 definition to use vm clock.  What do you
think?  Any other good idea to make a machine saved with clock=vm to
load with clock=host.

I tried the trial:

if (cpu_clock_offset != 0)
   rtc_clock = vm_clock;

after loading an image, but that didn't fixed the problem (I didn't
investigate more).

Do you have a plan to go from here?

Later, Juan.