qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: eepro100.c

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: eepro100.c
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 08:21:27 +0200

Brandon Bennett schrieb:
> I noticed you started submitting patches to the main qemu branch to
> match what you have in your arm
ar7, not arm
> repository.   Are you going to submit a patch for working multicast on
> the eepro100 nics?   I have used qemu and your eepro100.c patch to
> emulate Juniper routers and multicast is required for low level
> routing protocols (OSPF, PIM, etc) and it would be extremely nice to
> have this without patching and compiling.
>
> If you are going to submit a patch do you know when it may be ready?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brandon Bennett

Hi,

there are a lot of people waiting for this because they emulate
Juniper routers.

I already sent a patch (eepro100: Fix multicast support)
to the QEMU developer mailing list.

The patch is based on another patch (eepro100: Restructure code)
which I have already sent two times.

It seems to be extremely difficult to get these patches
integrated. Maybe your mail helps to speed up the process.
Therefore I send my reply to the list and to the responsible, too.

Regards,

Stefan Weil