qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Add a qemu interface for sharing memory between guests.

From: Cam Macdonell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Add a qemu interface for sharing memory between guests.
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:44:13 -0600

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 2:55 AM, Avi Kivity <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 10/12/2009 08:53 AM, Sivaram Kannan wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am a KVM newbie and I picked up the following task from the TODO of the
>> KVM wiki.
>>
>> Add a qemu interface for sharing memory between guests. Using a pci device
>> to expose the shared memory is probably a good starting point. (this should
>> use virtio and probably depends on mmu-notifiers)
>>
>> Is the task still relevant? Can I some one give some pointer for me to start
>> with.
>>

> Cam did a lot of work on this, perhaps he can provide a pointer.
>
> --
> error compiling committee.c: too many arguments to function

Hi Sivaram,

Here are the two patches for KVM describing what I have done.  I am
continuing to work on it and still mulling a move to virtio.  These
don't apply against the current tree, but I can provide those patches
if you would like to see them.

http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/38355/

http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/38347/

We're you interested in using the shared memory for something in
particular or were you just looking for a to-do task to pick up?

Let me know if you have any questions,

Cheers,
Cam