qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [announce] git patch database

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [announce] git patch database
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:44:12 -0500

Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
  Hi folks,

I've setup some scripts which extract the patches from the list, sorts them, tries to apply them to master and tries to build them. Results can be checked here:

http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/pdb.git?a=heads

Each patch (series) is committed to a new branch. In case something fails the logs are committed, just check out the most recent commit of a failed branch to figure what went wrong.

Basically, a qemu-next type tree. I think this is a really great idea and I've been considering suggesting it.

Are you automatically merging branches into a single tree or do you just keep each set of patches in their own branch?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori