qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU Target CPU support for PowerPC MPC8270

From: Johnny Giacomoni
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Target CPU support for PowerPC MPC8270
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:25:27 +0200

Hi everybody !

I currently work on Linux (Open SUSE) to emulate a CPU (MC8270, FreeScale).

I know that QEMU is designed to simulate Operating Systems, but I just want to emulate a CPU. It seem to be possible with QEMU.

So, by seeing on http://www.qemu.org/status.html that PowerPC target is testing, I wonder if it's not supported yet.

For example, I've created a HelloWorld program which has to be executed on a PowerPC CPU. To reach this goal, I first cross-compiled it (thanks to crosstools) with a powerpc-powerpc-linux-gnu TARGET. So, when I use qemu-ppc -cpu MPC8270 it works, but just because it's running on Linux. I just want a program being sure that it runs only on a PowerPC CPU.

Can I do that with QEMU ? How can I do ?

I looked on some forums (mainly those of qemu) but I didn't find my answer -> http://qemu-forum.ipi.fi/viewforum.php?f=25

Can you help me please ?

Thanks. Have a nice day !

Jgiacomo