qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CODING_STYLE and if blocks

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CODING_STYLE and if blocks
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:42:00 -0500

Aurelien Jarno wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently reviewing the S390 patches which extensively use of
code like:

    if (a == 5) printf("a was 5.\n");
    else if (a == 6) printf("a was 6.\n");
    else printf("a was something else entirely.\n");

It is something currently allowed by the CODING_STYLE document (there is
no "indented statement"), but I am not fully comfortable with it. Should
we accept such code? Should we fix CODING_STYLE?

I'd vote for fixing CODING_STYLE as that syntax makes my eyes hurt.

While CODING_STYLE is there as a guideline, good taste should still always prevail :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Cheers,
Aurelien