qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sheepdog: Distributed Storage System for KVM

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sheepdog: Distributed Storage System for KVM
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 07:36:48 +0200

On 10/23/2009 05:40 PM, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:14:29 -0500
Javier Guerra<address@hidden>  wrote:

I think that the major difference between sheepdog and cluster file
systems such as Google File system, pNFS, etc is the interface between
clients and a storage system.
note that GFS is "Global File System" (written by Sistina (the same
folks from LVM) and bought by RedHat).  Google Filesystem is a
different thing, and ironically the client/storage interface is a
little more like sheepdog and unlike a regular cluster filesystem.
Hmm, Avi referred to Global File System? I wasn't sure. 'GFS' is
ambiguous. Anyway, Global File System is a SAN file system. It's
a completely different architecture from Sheepdog.

I did, and yes, it is completely different since you don't require central storage.

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.