qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] guest OS crash during shutdown/reboot

From: Purna Chandar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] guest OS crash during shutdown/reboot
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:33:46 +0530

Hi,
I have compiled qemu 0.11.0 for x86 64 bit. I run Fedora Core 10 64 bit as my guest OS.
Sometimes, when I shutdown the guest OS gracefully (using halt command), I see a kernel crash with a stack trace on guest OS window at native_machine_shutdown(). The RIP points to native_smp_send_stop(). This doesn't happen on every shutdown/reboot though.

I did see this issue in older versions of qemu too(0.10.0 and 0.10.6). This could be a minor issue for most of you but I need to fix this because I run some automated scripts on the guest OS which reboots it.

Does anybody has a fix or any other idea to get around this issue?

Any bit of help on this would be really helpful.

Thanks,
PurnaChandar M