qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] Make usermode stacksize (-s) configurable at co

From: Jan-Simon Möller
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] Make usermode stacksize (-s) configurable at compile-time
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:56:53 +0100

> > The attached patch makes this configurable at compile-time.
>
> fwiw in scratchbox we have a wrapper in between binfmt and qemu (called
> misc_runner) that sets any
> necessary command line parameters for qemu. You might want to consider a
> similar approach so we
> don't need to add a configure option (and thus hardcode the setting) to qemu
> for every command
> line option that might need changing.
I got your point. But OTOH I just make the default configurable.

IMHO this leads to:
* add an (optional) config-file for the usermode to overwrite defaults
 or
* extend and generalize the wrapper and use it in binfmt instead of qemu
directly

Let me sleep over it a bit - for now: other opinions ?

Best,
Jan-Simon