qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/8]: QError v2

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/8]: QError v2
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 18:03:59 -0200

 Hi,

 I can't remember seeing updated versions of a RFC series, but this should
prevent Anthony's scripts from merging these patches.

 This new QError version has two major changes: the static error table has
been dropped and I'm using symbolic names instead of error codes.

 Now, a call to:

monitor_printf(mon, "husb: host usb device %d.%d is already open\n",
               bus_num, addr);

 Would become something like:

qemu_error_new('DeviceAlreadyOpen', "{ 'bus_num': %d, 'addr': %d }",
               bus_num, addr);

 Which is basically what Anthony and other people were asking for, the
only difference is that I'm not passing the symbolic name through the
dictionary. The reason is that I have the impression it's less general
(as it becomes mandatory to have a dict) and slightly more complicaded.

 The symbolic name can be freely defined, but we can have the common ones
in qerror.h.

 Hopefully this version addresses the most important issues.

 Luiz.