qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] icount strange behavior

From: Tommy Huang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] icount strange behavior
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:12:46 -0800

Hi,

My guest system is 2 cpu smp environment and use icount=0 to measure the total instructions.
I called cpu_get_icount() when the cpu switches in vl.c
Sometimes the return value of cpu_get_icount() increased a lot (> 1 million) but the cpu actually is in halted state.
Normally, the return value should not increase if the cpu is in halted state since no instructions were executed.
That is also what I observed most of time. But occasionally the return value increased a lot and affected my experiment results.
Did I do anything wrong here?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tommy

Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.