qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Problems with bridge Networking

From: Armin Garcia
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Problems with bridge Networking
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 03:31:50 +0000

Well Maybe I know for some of you its a very commented and boring subject, :( But Im very desesperate.

I use ubuntu 9.04 and i emulate a winxp

I have the next problem.... I configure the tun/tap and all great any error, I have an IP from my dhcp, I can see my virtual machine (winxp) from my other computers, but !!!! In my virtual machine I cant connect to internet, I mean, when I start my browser it doenst resolve anything, I cant see google or any another web page....

Really its very weird. I hope some of you can help me, and thanks so much.

I follow the next steps

apt-get install qemu bla bla bla (all package :p)

apt-get install bridge-utils uml-utilities

modprobe tun
modprobe bridge
modprobe kqemu

# ifconfig eth1 down
# brctl addbr br0
# ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0 promisc up
# ifconfig br0 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255 up
# brctl stp br0 off
# brctl setfd br0 1
# brctl sethello br0 1
# brctl addif br0 eth1
# route add default gw 192.168.0.1 dev br0

vim /etc/qemu-ifup

#!/bin/sh
ifconfig $1 0.0.0.0 promisc up
brctl addif br0 $1

chmod +x /etc/qemu-ifup

Starting qemu

qemu -localtime -m 256 -boot c -hda winxp.img -net tap -net nic,model=rtl8139

Im doing something wrong?????

thanks for read, and I hope somebody help me, Im very desesperate

thanks so much

regards