qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-rng

From: Jamie Lokier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-rng
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:51:00 +0000

Ian Molton wrote:
> Heres my patch to virtio-console. The device is now specified like this:
>
> - -chardev file,path=/path/to/testfile,id=test
> - -device virtio-console-pci,chardev=test

It'd be nice if some options on the qemu command line (or config file)
resulted in the guest kernel getting entropy (assuming a kernel with
the appropriate support), without having to run a special
entropy-injection daemon in the guest.

virtio-console can be used for that, but it'd be necessary to have a
way to tell the guest kernel to treat that particular device as an
entropy source.  Even just a standard name.

-- Jamie