qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OPT_SIZE parsing

From: Ian Molton
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OPT_SIZE parsing
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:11:18 +0000

Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> On 11/17/09 15:23, Ian Molton wrote:
>> I've cooked up this patch (attached) to add a SIZE property to qdevs.
>> I've kept the same semantics as the OPT_SIZE parser for now.
>
> The error message should be adapted (s/Option/Property/ at least).

Fixed locally.

> Maybe also create a common function for parsing called by both
> parse_size() and parse_option_size() to make sure OPT_SIZE and the new
> size property accept the same syntax?

The thought crossed my mind, but then I thought that as none of the
other parsers share common code (yet), it didn't make sense.

I can cook up another patch that allows the option parser to hook into
the property parsing functions, or vice-versa, if you like?

> Otherwise it looks fine to me.

Cool - whats the submission procedure? I can make a git branch publicly
available or I can send patches to someone...

-Ian