qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Stack corruption problem with SeaBIOS/gPXE under QEMU

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Stack corruption problem with SeaBIOS/gPXE under QEMU
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:50:20 +0200

On 11/18/2009 11:39 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

Hi Avi,

Can you send the full qemu command line that you used?  I can't seem
to reproduce this on my setup.

I do see an issue if SeaBIOS's reboot vector is called (eg, by using
"sendkey ctrl-alt-delete" while still in the bios) because seabios
allows gpxe to modify itself, and on a seabios only reboot the gpxe
rom isn't recopied and gpxe therefore gets confused.  However, on a
linux invoked reboot, it looks like a full machine reset occurs and
qemu recopies the gpxe rom, so that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Do we have the same problem with tpr patching rom (vapic,bin)? It modifies
itself too.

But a reset will reload it.

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.