qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: seabios: missing BIOS32 support

From: Kevin O'Connor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: seabios: missing BIOS32 support
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:20:32 -0500

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 06:08:15PM +0100, Sebastian Herbszt wrote:
> Etherboot 5.4.3 rom doesn't work due to missing BIOS32 support:
> pci_init: no BIOS32 detected
>
> Works with Bochs bios.

Thanks Sebastian.

The 32bit pcibios and int1589 are the only two features I know of that
Bochs bios has that SeaBIOS doesn't have.

They're not difficult to add - I just had not found any program that
needed them.  I'll take a look at Etherboot.  Implemeting 32bit
pcibios support will take some time though.

-Kevin