qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [BUG] Flaky display on migrated VM caused by 7e72abc382b700

From: Pierre Riteau
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] Flaky display on migrated VM caused by 7e72abc382b700a72549e8147bdea413534eeedc
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:33:05 +0100

Hi,

After migrating a VM (still running Debian Lenny 32-bit) using text consoles
(default Debian configuration, no framebuffer I think), the VM is responsive to
keyboard input but doesn't display new characters: only the cursor moves.
Otherwise the machine seems to run fine: I can log in and see the cursor moving
at the prompt position for example.
Reverting the hw/cirrus_vga.c part of 7e72abc382b700a72549e8147bdea413534eeedc
resolves the problem.

The setup is the same as for the e1000 bug: origin host is Debian Lenny
32-bits, destination host is Fedora 12 32-bit.

--
Pierre Riteau -- http://perso.univ-rennes1.fr/pierre.riteau/